Friday, July 18, 2008

Britney Spears: B-In The Mix


Record Label: Jive
Year: 2005

Track listing

1. Toxic (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Edit)
2. Me Against The Music (Ft Madonna) (Justice Remix)
3. Touch Of My Hand (Bill Hamel Remix)
4. Breathe On Me (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix)
5. I'm A Slave 4 U (Dave Aude Slave Driver Mix)
6. And Then We Kiss (Junkie Xl Remix)
7. Everytime (Valentin Remix)
8. Early Mornin' (Jason Nevins Remix)
9. Someday (I Will Understand) (Hi-Bias Signature Remix)
10. Baby One More Time (Davidson Ospina 2005 Remix)
11. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know (Hex Hector Club Mix)
12. Stronger (Mac Quayle Mixshow Edit)
14. Someday ( I Will Understand) (Gota Remix Ft Mcu)

It’d been a while since Britney released an album, but after the success of Toxic, being played repeatedly in nightclubs around the world, it wasn’t long before her record label released they were onto something.
The response? To release a remix album of Britney danced up.
Teaming up with some of the hottest guest producers that include Junkie XL, Jason Nevins, Hex Hector and Jacques Lu Cont (AKA Stuart Price, the producer of Madonna’s “confessions’ album), it also includes the new song, Someday, which has also been remixed.
This album is strictly for either die hard Britney fans, or for those have a great appreciation for dance music. Heavy usage of bass, and not my kind of music, although Peter Rauhofer’s version of Toxic, was worth the disc alone.
It is also a way of showing how far Britney has come musically since she began with baby one more time.
One of the things I do love about this album, is that it does give Britney’s music not only a darker edge to it, but also a heavier sound.
The music envisions flashing lights on and on, sweaty, dancing bodies and flashbacks. Some songs such as touch of my hand, unfortunately drown out Spear’s voice with the heavy beats. Some may see it as a blessing, but in this case I think it does ruin the song.
I’ve still got mixed feelings about the CD, and the first time I heard it I hated it, but it has slowly started to grow on me.
It’s still not an album I would choose to listen to unless I was really in the mood for heavy bass and loud beats, or just something to get me ready for clubbing.
I give it 2/5

No comments: