Saturday, May 10, 2008

2006 Grammy Nominees

Year: 2006
Label: Strategic marketing
Track listing:
Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc. Featuring De La Soul
Green Day- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
Mariah Carey- It's Like That
Paul Mccartney- Fine Line
U2- City Of Blinding Lights
Rascal Flatts- Bless The Broken Road
Bruce Springsteen- Devils & Dust
John Legend- Ordinary People
Jack Johnson- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Seal- Walk On By
Rob Thomas- Lonely No More
Stevie Wonder- From The Bottom Of My Heart 1
Kelly Clarkson- Since U Been Gone
Sheryl Crow- Good Is Good
Coldplay- Speed Of Sound
Foo Fighters- Best Of You
The Rolling Stones- Rain Fall Down
Neil Young- The Painter
Beck- E-Pro
Death Cab For Cutie- Soul Meets Body
Franz Ferdinand- Do You Want To

I have mixed feelings about this album. There are songs on here I love, and songs I hate. But then that is always the case with compilation. I think the surprise that came with this with the choice of the songs that made this album.

Obviously artists such as Kelly Clarkson, Rob Thomas, and the Foo Fighters were going to make the cut on this album, considering they were the hot acts for 2006 but I was surprised to see Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, Neil Young and The Stones make the cut. Surprised, but not disappointed since I believe Springsteen’s "Devil and Dusts" is probably one of the best cuts on this album.

I was disappointed to see acts like Stevie Wonder and Mariah Carey make the album, since their songs seriously lack the oomph that the rest of the album has.

I’d like to know how they chose which songs went on this album with all the nominees they had, and I wish they had substituted Mariah for multi-nominee Gwen Stefani, but what can you do?
Is it worth buying? I think it is, if you like a mix of different tracks ranging from the most popular at the moment to some of the dinosaurs still floating about.

I give the album 3/5


Buy 2006 Grammy Nominees

No comments: